10 GILLETTE MACH3 TURBO GIVEAWAYS + FIVE MISTAKES MEN MAKE WHEN SHAVING
With recent Gillette research showing less than half of men claim to be extremely satisfied with their personal grooming situation, it’s no surprise that shaving issues like razor burn, rashes or cuts are the top cause of stress for a further one in three when it comes to their personal appearance.
This could be due to the fact that a man’s beard has on average 6,000-25,000 hairs! And in fact most people are not aware that each hair is so strong and hard that its strength can be compared to that of copper wire. Therefore, a razor blade needs to exert a force strong enough to cut through these thousands of “copper wires” during a shave. Those shaving with a disposable razor are making a trade-off between comfort and closeness with the only way for a close shave being to press too hard or to take multiple strokes – ouch!
The latest precision engineering and superior technology delivers some impressive innovation in shaving which can improve your grooming experience every day. Gillette R&D expert Kristina Vanoosthuyze tells us the five common mistakes men make when shaving and tips on how to deal with them:
1. Not preparing your skin for shaving – shower or bathe before you shave because washing your face and neck with warm water causes hair to expand, making it softer and easier to cut. Nothing better than a good face exfoliation to prepare the skin for a perfect close shave. Exfoliating the skin not only softens facial hair, it also removes debris and dead cells leaving your skin smooth and supple.
2. Dry shaving – men need to apply plenty of shaving gel because it provides a protective blanket that prevents the evaporation of water, keeps beard hair soft during the shave and provides lubrication between the razor blades and skin. A thorough application of shaving gel with a shaving brush if the product requires it or straight from the can.
3. Applying pressure for a closer shave – this is incorrect and pretty common, but you need to use light, gentle strokes when shaving. It is recommended to shave in the direction of the hair growth first and if you want a super close shave go over against the hair growth.
4. Not checking whether your blade is dull – invest in a quality razor like the new Gillette Mach3 Turbo with Turbo Cutting Blades which cut easier, giving you a closer shave without all the irritation. Its blades are completely reengineered making it better than a new disposable, even on the tenth shave. At the Men’s Grooming Salon we highly recommend the use of the new Gillette Mach3 Turbo.
5. Shaving ‘hard-to-reach’ spots first – you should always keep these spots till last!
The Men’s Grooming Salon wants to give each of the first 10 clients who book any grooming appointment by SMS on 0415 237 494, mentioning this post, a complimentary Gillette Mach3 Turbo with Turbo Cutting Blades and Gillette Fusion Proglide Gel 170g. Your therapist will gift you with the latest Gillette Mach3 Turbo + a Gillette Shaving gel on your visit!!
‘ First two blades vs. Mach3
” Vs. Gillette Prestobarba Ultragrip/Blue II Plus / Sensor2+ Disposable